Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I made new living room Pillows

So a few weeks back my older sister and I snuck into my parents house while they were vacationing in Hawaii. (sorry Megan, and sorry Mom for that matter). We decided to have a last minute craft weekend. I made these pillows. We didn't only craft, we went out to eat and saw a triple feature! My ideal weekend!!!

Anyhow, I was hating these old pillows here, and I have wanted to spruce up the living room without alot of time or money spent. Luckily I have neutral main furniture so I can switch things out every couple years. I still liked the window treatments so I wanted to match with that. This was a mitered pillow. I just google searched how to mitered pillow and found tons of links. I put zippers into these also.
The large pillows are really simple. No trim or anything. I fell in LOVE with the fabric so I thought that was enough. I think I wish a little that I put of a ruffle or pom poms. But I knew if I complicated it to much I wouldn't get them done for months. Check out the dresser and hutch here. It matches nicely. I will show pics of the whole room once I get the coffee table refinished.

Linking to AMYLOUWHO!, and My Romantic Home.

19 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your pillows are beautiful!! You did an awesome job on the mitered pillow. They all look so professional. Great job!! I know you are pleased. Love & blessings from NC!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

I LOVE them! And I am so with you...we have a hard time doing something simple like not adding a ruffle or trim, but I definitely think it looks great as it. Love the stripey pillows too.

♥Meg

SewCalGal said...

I love the new pillows too! Great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

stephanie h said...

Gorgeous! I love them!

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by women who do it all! I love love love your blog as well! I will definetly let you know when we get a button :) hopefully coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, your mitered pillow is just fantastic! Happy spring!

pinksuedeshoe said...

The mitered pillow is fantastic, nice job matching up all those stripes, it looks great.

Alyssa said...

Beautiful pillows.

ktquilts said...

Love the use of the striped fabric! Great finish!
Blessings,
KT

René said...

I love those pillows!! The fabric and the mitered corners are great!

Karen said...

Great pillows! Really pretty.

Quiltpiecer said...

Lovely pillows! Simple and fresh! Look easy to make.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What pretty pillows! I dropped in from "My Romantic Home" and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...

Leslie said...

these pillows are beautiful...i love the colors and the mitered pillow is stunning.

Jessica said...

I love the mitered pillow. So beautiful!

{oc cottage} said...

FAB! So "springy"!!!

m ^..^

Day before Michelle said...

Don't you just love a good pillow??

Well done :)

Nina... said...

Lovely pillows! You can never have too many pillows!!

amylouwhosews said...

Those pillows are GORGEOUS!! I love the fabrics. And you know how I feel about pillows - I can't stop making them!