Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Friday, August 27, 2010

Cute Photo Block tutorial...

1. Buy a block...(in Utah Woodworks sells a little kit with the block, bulldog clip and plastic slide thingy) Otherwise it is about 3.5 x 3.5 square block. Sanded, and edges are rounded a bit.

I just did a wash in black along the edges since they will be showing.

2. All the supplies you need are here.


3. Photos I ordered from Costco in smallish sizes. Cute scrapbook papers and a few embellishments. (roberts)

4. Invite Jeff Lewis along. (flipping out, bravo, funny!)


5. Cut papers just smaller than the square, about 3 and a quarter. Mod Podge down, add pics and mod podge on top of those too...


6. When it is all dry, glue on brads, ribbons, flowers etc. Mine is for my baby boy Weston. So no girly stuff.


7) Chipboard accents like the "W" are fun. Just mod podge cute papers on, and cut out with exacto knife. I did this to the checkers chipboard frame too...
Finished. Cute in a stack of three if I ever get to the other two.



I mounted the photo on chipboard for the bulldog clip. This is also fun to switch out the photo.

Finished! Hope you like.

6 comments:

mommy2alex said...

That is so cute! I'm thinking these would make good gifts for Christmas (yes, racking my brain already for gifts!).
Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Pup Pup said...

So cute! Love the block. Weston will like to play with it.

Megan said...

I absolutely LOVE it!! Turned out way cute, and I love the "boy" look to it, simple and sweet!

Rebecca Merry said...

Wow!! What an awesome idea for a shower gift!!

Mandy said...

So cute!