Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Saturday, May 15, 2010

From drab to fab

It is pretty rude of me to refer to this as "drab" considering my dear sister had made this for me.  However, she should be flattered because I love it and have had it in my room for several years!  I have changed my bedroom colors and the frame was in need of a paint job, so I decided to just re-do the whole thing.
My finished project!  I took it apart in the back and using a stencil I painted the Fleur De Lis onto plain white fabric.  Then I spray painted my frame, I believe the paint is called "Ocean Breeze".
It just looks so fresh and happy now!  As you can tell, I can't bare to place any memos on my memo board.  It just looks too pretty as is!

This was a small part of my bedroom makeover, which I will be sharing soon.  I went from creams, sages and blue to aqua, turquoise and white with some touches of gray and burnt orange.  It is so nice to finally do a little bit in my bedroom, it is always the last spot to get some love :)

Check out our linky parties button accross the top...see all the great places that we like to link up with as well as get fabulous ideas!! Hope you check them out soon!!

15 comments:

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

That looks great! And I love that you stenciled the Fleur de Lis on it. Great colour too!

Nicole A. said...

Love it!! Loved it before and Love it now!! Loved the Fleur de lis, gorgeous!!

sewtakeahike said...

it looks great! it definitely pops now and I bet it looks great with the other colors in your room that you mentioned!

Sara said...

super cute, meg!

i just wanna know why you haven't used that Pear Tree g.c. yet ... yum!!!

Julie said...

Hello, it’s Julie from It’s Sew Stinkin’ Cute and recently found you I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please view my site to view the details of the award and pass it along to your newest finds and favorite blogs. Congrats!!!

BTW that is such a cute idea! I love the design and the colors rock!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I love the new color! I'm totally trying to think of ANYTHING at my house that I can paint that color! Also, I found you at Skip to My Lou and am now following! I'd love it if you stopped by my blog if you have a chance.

Kate said...

It does look fresh and happy!

Heather said...

Ummm I am upset that you call it drab. How could you? Turned out super fabulous!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

love the re-do and the color is fab!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

That color is fabulous and the different sizes and shades of the fleur de lis are stunning. What a great re do!

Amber D said...

Great idea I like the varitions in color.

Morgan said...

maybe i'm a pervert, but i giggled at the last comment. =)
AND I LIKE THE 100 DOLLAR BILL ON THAT BOARD!
very cute!

Katie Brown said...

very cute! i love the blue. i'm intrigued by the A.T.Still reference in the first image...go Kirksville, MO!

Wendy said...

This is Fabulous! Love the paint color and fabric you chose!

Unknown said...

Love everything about this!

I just changed my colors to turquoise, white, and hints of orange. Loving it! Good luck with the rest of your transformation!