Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sophie's crib...


Here is Sophie's crib. Dallan spray painted it, and the chandelier. This nursery took us several months, but it is officially finished!!! Sophie's nursery is done! this is one GIANT craft project, nearly everything in here I made myself or with the help of others. Here is the full photo...

The cute chandelier was a gift from Mommy, and I spray painted it pink, it makes a huge difference in the room, I want one for all my girls. The photos on the wall I took myself, I made the toole canopy with a hoola hoop and Sophie's left over bedding fabric.

I made all the Bedding (minus the sheet) Dallan's mom made the crib skirt, Dallan and I painted the crib pink. The perfect rug is from Costco (only $50).

Dallan and I did the wallpaper and trim. I have never heard so many cuss words come out of my sweet husband's mouth!


My Mommy made all these pillows from my left over quilt fabric. Bless her heart. I would never have done them. I was so burned out on the Sophie quilt that I finished a month before she was born...as fast as I could!

Here is Sophie's quilt, it is still my favorite quilt I have ever made, thus far... but I LOVE everything about it. I want to keep it away from her so she doesn't ruin it, but I let her sleep with it because she looks so cute in her crib with it...

My Mommy and I made this window treatment for Addison, but when I did Sophie's bedroom, it matched perfectly with the wallpaper. So I kept it for Soph.

The very last detail, this lamp. Megan and I went crazy making these roses out of coffee filters. (I know you all think I must have tons of spare time on my hands) Anyhow, I loved how it turned out. Here is the link to the instructions we used from Martha Stewart.
Hope you all like this room. Lots of hours, blood, sweat and tears went into finishing it.
We are linking to missmustardseed fun furniture friday :)

35 comments:

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Wow, you have to show us more of this room!! It is beautiful!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Oh my gosh that is a gorgeous room. Hop over to see my baby girl's room. I think you will like it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful crib!

Unknown said...

Fabulous. Love the pink.

Cass @ That Old House said...

How adorable! Pink and baby girls -- perfect together.

Cass

To The Moon and Back said...

Wow, beautiful crib. I would love to know what kind of paint you used. I have a crib I'd love to give a new fresh look to. Did you have to sand it first?

Anonymous said...

I want to see more, too. I'll be reading your blog to see more in the future!

Precision Quality Laser said...

What an adorable baby room! Love the pink crib!

Free Art Printables said...

It looks great! Like a magazine!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm so glad you linked up - I 'm off to read more!`

To The Moon and Back said...

What brand of primer did you use? What brand of spray paint? I am really afraid to paint her crib, but I do want a fresh look for when our little China Doll finally comes home.

Thanks!

Molly Anne said...

Did you hear that freaky, loud gasping sound? That was me. That is GORGEOUS! I've got to show it to my friend -she's having a little girl in another month.

Jennifer said...

What a sweet room!

Carla said...

Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Love this soooo much!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Sara :)

Kristin said...

Wow! That is a beautiful room!

mamamia said...

wow, what a wonderful room for a little girl. . . or a big girl for that matter! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your nursery is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!!
Thanks so much for posting more photos - her room is amazing! I'm in awe of the coffee filter roses - how in the world do you do that? They are beautiful!I know what you mean about not wanting to let your little one use such a pretty quilt. It is beautiful, and will be a precious keepsake for her.
Sara :)

Free Art Printables said...

I love this room! It's fabulous! You should really link this to my party! I know other people would love to see it! Jen

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous room!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Wow, that is simply beautiful! I love the wallpaper at the top, seriously, that is genius. So girly and pretty. You guys did a fantastic job. Thanks for posting more pics.

Carla said...

Gorgeous nursery!!!

Anonymous said...

You should submit this room for a magazine. It's wonderful!

The Masked Mommy said...

This room is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it! Way to go. I'm so jealous my little girl doesn't have a room like this. I love when everything is made with love. So much better than that "room in a box" feel you get when everything is ordered from the same place :-)

Anonymous said...

Your nursery is amazingly gorgeous-I love it! Every detail is perfect. Coffee filter flowers are beautiful. Any chance you will be doing a tutorial? Please?

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Gorgeous nursery! What a lucky little princess!

Treasuresofjoy said...

I Love the room so girly and pretty! The pillow are sweet and love that chandelier.
I checked out your patterns too and love deck the halls! Very nice patterns.

Tammy@InStitches said...

It is sooo beautiful ! You are talented and roses out of coffee filters !!

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

wow. this is the bedroom of every little girl's dreams, i think. beautiful!

Claudia said...

What an absolutely beautiful nursery! You did such a wonderful job of creating a perfect place for Sophie.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous nursery!
I want a baby girl now, so I can copy every inch of it! Seriously, it's adorable.

Dianna said...

Wow! How girly! I have 2 grandgirls and another on the way.

You can make lot's of fun stuff for girls.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh my...that is so adorable. I love the chandelier and the floral lamp shade and the border and...shall I go on? This room is precious and you can really tell it was a labor of love. Gorgeous job and I bet your little princess will love it as she grows.

Anonymous said...

It's such a precious girl's room. Would you mind showing us the changing table area? No doubt it's also very pretty and it'd be great for all of us who are already swooning to get more ideas. Thanks!