Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Monday, December 20, 2010

Winner and Last Minute Idea

Sorry for the delay, I meant on Friday to post the winner of my stash...but I forgot!  Drumroll...

And follower #34 is Kwiltmaker!  Which is very exciting for us to have a true reader win, she's been with us since the beginning!  Congrats!  The other winner is announced on Quilt Story.

A couple of months ago my niece was going to take the ACT's.  We'd been texting back and forth about it and I decided to create a funny little study package for her.  The great thing about this idea is you can be totally creative about it and turn it into a gift for anyone!


Take packaging like this.


Remove labels.


Create new labels. I use photoshop. You could make them by hand with paper, online with picnik, etc.


Then you're left with a cute package like this!!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

What a super cute, awesome idea. I'm a teacher and I'm thinking I could do something with this idea next semester when my students are preparing for finals! Especially my upper level kids who will be taking AP exams. Thanks!!

Michelle said...

What a fab idea, thanks!

elizabeth said...

This is a great, thoughtful idea! I like giving gifts for things like this even more so than the "required" gifts sometimes.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Oh my gosh, I am falling off my chair. I never but never win anything, maybe once I did. I do look at your blog all the time and I think I was one of the first followers. Thanks so much.

Marcia W. said...

Wonderful idea! Congrats to the winner and another Happy birthday to the sisters!

SewSara said...

I love that idea ... so creative!

by the way, did you know i'm taking a really big important test soon? just sayin ... :)

Heather said...

Love it Gagen, Super thoughtful! I am never that nice!

Kasey Lighten said...

This is truly so great! Do you come up with these ideas all on your own???? Where does all this genius-ness come from??? Really thoughtful, and so sweet. Super Adorable...