Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Monday, June 7, 2010

Before and after Cake Stand...


Seriously, I apologize if this cake stand made you throw up in your mouth a little bit.  WHich is exactly what happend to me when I saw it on the clearance rack at TJ Maxx. I almost missed it's potential.  I have been looking for a cake stand, not for cake (not that I have anything against cake...my butt could tell you that...) but for decor. They are not cheap! And since I consider myself to be thrifty, I couldn't just fork out $50 bucks for one.  Anywho, with some white all purpose spray paint.... drumroll please...

Pretty huh! Now that your nausea should have settled I hope you enjoy.  She had a pretty shape with the ruffled edge. I just topped her with a big fatty fat head bird, and a candle with a strip of raw edge fabric that matched my spring mantle...I will post the rest of the mantle in a couple of days...

Hope you liked!

Going to link to some of these parties...

7 comments:

Sara said...

nicely done!
i love spray paint.
i need to keep my eye out for more spray paint-able stuff.

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

Wow! That looks great. Just goes to show you what a little white paint can do :)

Morgan said...

first thing i noticed was the barf on my shoe after i saw the cake stand. second thing was the cuteness of the new cake stand. BRILLIANT! the third thing was the fatty head bird. IT ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF! it cracks me up that you called it a fatty fat head bird! haha!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I will never look at another gaudy piece of ceramic ware again. What an amazing painting project. Glad to see that spray paint can do wonders on china too. Love your cake stand. And the bird is adorable!!! Love & blessings from NC!

KimMalk said...

Fabulous and simple!

Kasey Lighten said...

I didn't just want to barf, I had an instant desire to smash that thing into a million pieces to put it out of its misery! :) Jk. LOVE how it turned out!!!!! You, your mom, megan, amy, etc. really do have a gift for making things amazing! Wish I had just an ounce of your creativity. Really great!

Diane said...

Love this! I love spray paint!