Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Monday, June 28, 2010

I finished! Quilt top...

I finished the quilt top. I took my little fifteen minute breaks I talked about here and they added up to this. Now I did have to stay up late 2 evenings to focus on it for a couple hours and finishing up. I can't just leave my pieces out on the floor overnight due to the tiny humans walking around my house...but here you have it.
I hade to remake a couple pink blocks due to the lack on contrast between the sashing. And I ended up getting that burnt orange post fabric because what I had picked out originally would definitely have not worked because they were purple.  But I am super happy with how it all turned out.


I have it off to my fabulous aunt to do the machine quilting. She does such a good job, and she gives me a discount. :) thanks Wendy. And everything she does is custom. If you want her email, contact us.


Plus my purdy roses were in bloom and it was the perfect backdrop for the quilt top.

So I should be getting it back soon and I will post the final project.

linking at amylouwho

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I really like the quilt, what pattern did you use

janet said...

Pretty quilt, and your roses are just lovely, what an unusual color!

grammajill said...

Kind of looks like a bit of an argyle pattern, when will it be available for purhcase?

Amy said...

Super Love it!!!! Your fantastic roses look awesome next to it too!

Megan said...

LOVE it! Fabulous!! And you did it soooo fast, look at us we aren't such imposters afterall :)

♥Tami said...

Wow! Love, love, love this! I want to learn!

SewSara said...

so super seriously cute!!
want it. love it. :)

Larri said...

Sew gorgeous! Can't wait to see it quilted. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Rene' said...

This is a lovely quilt!!! Such pretty fabric. Lucky you to have a nice aunt who quilts ;-) Thanks for sharing!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

So summery and clean! Great work!

- Mighty B said...

SO pretty! I love it!!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Those colors are great, and they look perfect with your roses! Lucky you to have a quilter in the fam to help you out!

Quiltpiecer said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it quilted. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

I really like the fabrics you used for this quilt top. It's almost romantic with a punch of modern. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

Ivory Spring said...

Heather,

This is beautiful! The colors are so soft and sweet.

Dayna said...

This is gorgeous! I've decided that when I start quilting again, I'll definitely be sending it to someone else to quilt and bind. I only really like piecing.

Kristen said...

You have some gorgeous roses there. Neat pattern. Did you design it?

Catherine said...

So pretty and soft and it looks perfect with your roses. Looking forward to seeing it all quilted.

Leslie said...

so so pretty great job

Sarah Craig said...

That is a beautiful quilt top! Good work! Thanks for sharing!!

Elizabeth said...

That is really pretty. I like how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.

xo -E
(visiting from Sew & Tell Friday)