Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Glittery star fish decoration project!

I tagged along on my husband's business trip to San Francisco last week and while roaming the city alone, I came across this magnificent glittery star fish. It was $20, a little steep in my book, but it made me think of...

these pewterish starfish, shells, sand dollars I got last year at Target. I found them for half price so $8. I bought a set for part of my mother's day gift,, and one for me. I felt bad later and returned them. The next week I found them on the shelf for 80% off, so $4. And I rebought them! (and never regretted it) then I thougt of...

This glass cake stand with a doam that my mom found at Ross for me and knew I had to have it for $11...which made me think of...

my dear cohort, Spray Paint. White high gloss spray paint...and I went to town...isn't the underside detail pretty?

Put them together and what have you got???

Sparkly magical sea life decoration!

I added it to my armoire that you saw a few months ago...

remember this armoir cost me under $300 with little fixing upping and no painting!!! you can check out that before and after here...

Hope you like it!

I will be adding this post to some of these fun linky parties...

22 comments:

SewSara said...

nicely done!
except i'm jealous that you got to go to SF. would you believe i've never been there?

Krissy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your blog!! I'll definitely be following! Just great stuff here :) And thanks for stopping by my blog too!!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

That is gorgeous! The silver/pewterish colors with the white sand and glass really pop. Don't you love it when things just come together? Of course, you've got the eye for this, and it looks great. LOVE your hutch too.

Lolly Jane said...

Found you on Life as Lori and LOVE the cake stand idea! I nEvEr eVeR thought of painting glass-- hmm, don't be surprised if you see a shoutout to you in the next few weeks with MY re-do ;)

I am now a loyal follower!
Happy Thursday :)

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Very cool! Clever thing you :D

Jan said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I have a soft spot for cake plates. I love what you did with yours and the seashells!Following you!

Ruthie said...

so beautiful and unique. love it.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/silvery-sea-starfish-display/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Unknown said...

Oooo. Love that glittery starfish!! Following you right back, thanks for visiting!! :-)

Lolly Jane said...

guest blogging would be FUN! we have yet to do that.

let us know when you want to do it. we're definately game! :)

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

What a great idea to spray the cake stand white. The shiny shells and bilnged out starfish look great!

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

Fabulous!! I'm a new follower from Trendy Treehouse! Can't wait to check out your blog!

Krissy said...

Such beautiful decorations!

Dropping by from New Friend Friday! I hope you can stop by and follow us back as well! Have a good weekend!

http://theartsymom.tk

Anonymous said...

Lovely, I never would have thought to spray paint glass!

Ron Cooper said...

Happy summer!

I’m following you from Fun Friday Follow. Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Terrell said...

I absolutely love what you did with this transformation!! It's beautiful and looks amazing!! I am so happy to be your newest follower! I hope you stop by FrouFrouDecor...I love new friends! I hope we can share lots of craftiness! Happy weekend to you!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Danielle said...

What a great idea! I have a great cake plate that I am going to pain now! Thanks for the inspiration, keep it coming ;0)

Pam said...

The transformation on the glass stand is fabulous! And just a little spray paint? Love the whole look! Pam @ Sallygoodin

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your display - the silver/pewter colour scheme is understated and classic - very restful.

Jacqueline said...

What a fun project. I love the idea of painting the pedestal white. It really makes everything pop. What fun sea life accessories you put together under the dome. It is a great armoire too.

amber lynn said...

I love this idea for the cake stand - I have one that I feel is just taking up space. I would love to spice it up with something similar to what you did!

amber

Cheech said...

Ver creative with the cake stand! Your blog is lovely! I'm a new follower!