Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Left over Minky project idea...minky balls...

Check out these adorable minky balls! Our mommy made them for our babies with leftover minky. She acutally made about 30 of them. I think the idea was to sell them on etsy, but she decided it wouldn't be worth it.  I think she donated them all because she is nice! I would have saved them for never ending babyshower gifts.

There are tutorials out there. Sorry we don't have one for you. But make sure to add a cat toy inside. Better than jingle bells because the bell will not ring inside of all that stuffing. But the cat toy has the bell inside a plastic ball, so it is protected.


Our babies love these. Plus, and more importantly, they look super cool and hip while playing with them. Speaking of super cool and hip. I bought the huggies cool dude denim diapers for Weston. We love them on him. The older sisters laugh and laugh. If you haven't seen the commercial for them, I highly recommend it.


I don't know when or if I will attempt one of these, but definitely a project to put on that "to do someday" folder. Right?

Linking with AmyLouWho.

10 comments:

Megan said...

cat toy...genius. I couldn't figure out how to replicate the nice jingly sound in the taggie block Megan gave me. Now I know.

SewSara said...

minky balls. that's just fun to SAY.
any excuse to say balls.
oh man, i'm totally in 7th grade. haha!

i have tons of minky scraps ... thanks for the idea!!
making a ball like that was actually one of my first sewing projects EVER when i was like ten yrs old. i should re-visit it, huh?

Tori said...

Love the BYU ball! Hehe. :]

Dee said...

oh, so soft for sweet little patty cake hands!

your mom rocks! guess we know where the creativity and craftiness comes from!

Elizabeth said...

OH, those are really cute. I especially like the BYU themed one. You know how those Cougars are -- true blue and trained up from the time they are toddlers (lol). Thanks for sharing.

xo -E

Larri said...

What an adorable idea. And I'd never thought to use a cat toy. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Michelle said...

Such a cute idea!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Oh, so fun! I know a couple of little ones who would enjoy a toy like that!

beth said...

very cute!

Carla said...

Great idea with the cat toy. These came out really nice and very creative. Too bad I don't have any babies or showers to attend. I would of loved to make a few of these.