Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
SPACER

Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo!

I want to make lots of monster creatures.
I made this little guy for our mom, and I guess I kinda invented him. He's crocheted, and I used this free ball pattern for his body alternating colors every four rows. His arms started with a chain four and increased to eight I believe for probably 5 inches. His eyes, mouth and ears are all made of felt and stitched onto his face. I was happy with this quirky little guy!
Our mom loves to host a Halloween party with loads of grandchildren. So I wanted to add to her cute decorations, and I love me a banner.
Using a cardboard template and rotary cutter I got my perfect triangles and sewed them to a ribbon. Using fusible web I traced the letters and ironed them accordingly. A good tip: If you aren't the best with your applique skills (me) it's awesome to use invisible thread. I think colored thread can make more of a statement, but until I can sew straight better, I'm sticking with invisible thread.


And there you go! Happy Halloween everybody, can't wait to check out all the goodies and eat a few too.

Let me know if you need any more specifics!

4 comments:

Kim B said...

I stumbled upon your blog yesterday when I was searching for quilting blogs - I'm just learning to quilt. What a great blog you have!! And your crafts are amazing. What gifted sisters!

Trimgym said...

Lovely, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

(You have linked to the wrong blog entry though, oops! found it anyway)

Jo.

Janean said...

the 'evil' eye is too cute! and banners are always fun.

Fresh Poppy Design said...

I love that little friend. I want you to give him to me! I want a halloween monster :) I must starte making banners too!